Investigational drug for BPH shows promise in phase I/II study

June 1, 2006

The investigational drug NX-1207 has shown significant symptomaticimprovement in men with BPH 29 to 34 months after initial treatmentin a long-term, open-label, phase I/II study.

The investigational drug NX-1207 has shown significant symptomatic improvement in men with BPH 29 to 34 months after initial treatment in a long-term, open-label, phase I/II study. There were no serious safety issues reported, according to the drug’s manufacturer, Nymox Pharmaceutical Corp.

Seventy-five percent of patients in the trial were available for follow-up and were administered AUA Symptom Score evaluations. Of these, 57% required no further treatment for BPH symptoms and showed a mean improvement of 7.2 points in AUA Symptom Score. The remaining group of subjects (43%) received other BPH treatments after their initial therapy with NX-1207.