Use -59 modifier when billing for indwelling stent

Q I am in a multiple-physician urology practice. One of our physiciansbelieves that billing 52332 with 52352 or 52353 with a ­59 modifiershould be paid, and that billing 52005 with 52332 with the ­59 modifiershould be paid (ie, 52005-59). When is it appropriate to use the ­59modifier?